Monday, July 13, 2009

How we spent the Fourth


On June 29th, after an early morning meeting in Indianapolis to discuss our passive solar plans, we left for my sister's new home in Milford, Delaware. After approximately 13 hours we pulled into her driveway. She has gotten much of her belongings unpacked and placed in the house, including all the furniture for one of the guest bedrooms which we soon put to use.

On Tuesday and Wednesday Sandy and I helped around the place, I installing curtains and shades, and a few plants we took with us from Greene View Springs and Sandy with more unpacking and organizing.

Thursday morning found us on the road again heading for my son's place in Durham, North Carolina. Also there were his two kids, our grandkids, on a summer visit from Germany.

The next day we all drove to northern South Carolina for a rendezvous with my other son and his family, nine of us altogether. The motel we chose was a compromise to reduce the drive time for son 2. We spent Friday afternoon and evening together, mostly in the motel's pool. On the Fourth we drove to Myrtle Beach for a day in the surf and an evening trying to find the best fire works in the area.

Here's the happy group, except for me and Sandy who was seated across from me, at dinner at the Golden Corral.


Finally, on the fifth, Sandy and I headed home with the grandkids. We got back before midnight and took little time to get to sleep.

No comments: