Monday, November 9, 2009

I feel the earth move under my feet...


We have finally started excavating for the new home. We've had a string of nice days and it looks like at worst we'll have just a bit of rain tomorrow and then some more nice days. If all goes well we'll have the site excavated and leveled for footing forms, and the ponds done by the end of the week.

Here are a few pictures showing the first day's progress. I tried to upload a video but it failed. I'll keep trying but it's getting late.


No, we aren't building another driveway. What you see is the track along which earth from the excavation is being pushed downhill to build two connected ponds.


Tomorrow we'll place corner stakes that include the extra 3 feet all the way around that the concrete guys need to get their forms in and out.

1 comment:

Mo said...

I can almost hear the adrenaline
coursing through the veins of Mr. and Mrs. homebuilder. I also get a feeling of pure joy in the writings of this short blog. Congratulations. Patience IS a virtue. Hoping for dry weather. . .